Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Finally Some Direction!

A month after making the appointment, I finally saw my new doctor today! It was a really interesting appointment. No pleasantries, we all met and said hello, then he started asking about our history, have you done this test? What were the results of that test? Have you done this or that? And so on... From there he said ok, we're going to do a blood test on you next week to test progesterone and a couple other things. Then we're going to do a "hamster egg penetration" test with a sample from My Love. I've never heard of this, but I guess they put his sample together with hamster eggs to see if his sperm can penetrate them. I couldn't help but laugh at this! I wanted to ask if his sperm penetrates the hamster eggs, would we get to keep our hamster babies? Then a few days after my next period we'll do a dye test to make sure my tubes are open and my uterus is shaped right. He also gave me a pregnancy safe prescription for my anxiety. Wah Hoo!! I really hope it works. And, I don't have to take the progesterone this month, Yay! I think that made me a little moody ;)
So, all in all, I didn't get any answers to our problems but I'm happy that I feel like we have some direction. I was very pleased with his confidence and feel that he really knows what he's doing and will do what he can to help us. Let's hope all these tests give us the answers we need.
How is your fertility progress going?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad it went well! The hamster test sounds really funny. :) Who is your new doctor?

Anonymous said...

Maranda! I am so glad you got answers at your appointment! I know everything will turn out well for you. The progesterone made me moody too! I also had to do the dye test... Talk to me about it before you go I need to prep you! I have never did the hamster thing... Again I am so glad that you got more answers! I love you and can't wait to see you on Friday!!