Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Adoption?

There have been a few comments about adoption, so I just wanted to address my situation on this matter.
I am all for adoption! I know a lot of people who have done it, and some wonderful success stories, as well as a few not so successful stories. I am in no way against adoption, I have even looked in to it a little bit, but for us, it's just not the right time. I believe this is a very personal decision between you, your spouse, and The Lord.
I have no direct experience with adoption, therefore I feel unqualified to speak on this matter. I know there are a lot of great books, websites and blogs out there to help, but unfortunately, this isn't one of them. If you would like to post any links to adoption websites or blogs for anyone reading this that might be interested, that would be wonderful! It's great when we can help each other find what we're looking for.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Maranda,

Adoption is such a personal journey. You said it best- it's between you, your spouse, and the Lord.
For any of your readers who are interested in learning more about adoption, I, too, would recommend therhouse.blogspot.com. It is advocacy of open adoption, but hey, that's what I support...lol.
Otherwise, FSA (families supporting adoption) is an organization of adoptive families, that is nation wide that has a lot of support and resources, for adoptive families (and those still hoping to adopt). The national conference is in Salt Lake next week! Anyone who is interested should look into it!
Love ya,
Lauren

Kara said...

Just another comment about the R House blog. I love it. She is an amazing writer and has a very uplifting blog. I had a newborn and she made me want to adopt. :}

Anonymous said...

This is a great post! This is exactly what I meant. Adoption is hard sometimes especially if you are adopting domestically. I have seen too many people who have had to sell everything because they had to court to pay both lawyer fees because the BM or BF changed their mind. Now this is why I went internationally. The R house is a great website for those who are adopting domestically.
I am a big fan of adopting those outside of the church (not lds services) because others deserve to be members of the church ESPECIALLY those who come from a country who don't even know who Jesus is. (nothing against LDS services at all I love them) I wonder what my childrens PBlessing will say;) It will be fun to see.
I love this blog and it's very uplifting.
I'm actually about to start fertility treatments and I really don't want to. If it doesn't work two rounds then I'm done. For the price of more than that I could use that money in a way that will for sure make me a mother to more children. But anway...
Wish me luck!