Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What's Your Story?

Just a quick, funny little Bible story.
My Love and I have been reading The Old Testament. Tonight we read this story about Sarai and her husband Abram. Sarai was barren, so she asked Abram to go be with her handmaid, Hagar, to bare them a child. Being such an obedient husband ;), he did, and Hagar of course got pregnant. Hagar then despised Sarai and ran away. Then an angel came and told Hagar to go back to Sarai, and that she would bare a son to Abram and name him Ishmael.
Now, maybe it was just me, but I found this story to be a little comical. I guess that's one way to get a baby, but sorry, you won't catch me "sharing" My Love!

Ok, now the real reason for this post.
For me, starting this blog was the first opportunity I had to really tell my whole story of our fertility troubles. It was actually quite nice and therapeutic, and not as hard as I thought it was going to be. Then, after reading through some of the links you guys have posted, I have seen just how blessed I have been in my trials. A lot of you have experienced such heavy heartache, and I am lifted up to see your perseverance and positive attitudes.
I'd like to hear more of your stories and possibly use them in future posts. You never know who might read your story and feel a connection because they're experiencing the same thing you are.
If you'd like to post your story you can either do so in a comment or email me at iwannagrowpeople@gmail.com. You don't have to give your real name if you don't want to. I'll probably just make one up, if that's ok. Just let me know if you would like me to omit any information if I were to post your story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Here's the thing. In my pblessing it said I will go through many difficult trials and tribulations. That is why I take anything that comes to me and laugh. I turn it around to make something positive out of it. That is where I am coming from. I stopped looking at things in a negitive way. Look. I have three sisters all who have had cancer. One had breast cancer at 18 the other skin cancer and it's still in her body and the other ovarian. Two have had emergency hystorectomies after their second child. The third sister has had four and just had her fouth three weeks ago. She started bleeding again last night and might have to have a hysterectomy in a couple of hours. No more children for any of them through pregnancy. All three of their bodies have been so messed up due to all their pregnancies.
It does take many experiences and much growth to get to where I am I understand that. I just know now when something happens to me medically or to someone else close to me I have to stop and remember there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. ALWAYS. There will be for you and I know that's frustrating to hear and probably a little annoying.
Hang in there to you and to others that are feeling down.