Monday, July 13, 2009

The Infertility Goddess' Story

My story isn't anything much at all. But the thing that is important is that it is my story.
I married the most perfect man ever at the age of 20. Boy was I mature then...not. He and I had been junior high and high school sweethearts and I never have doubted that he was my prince charming. I always had a gut feeling that I would have a difficult time becoming pregnant. I've always been pretty sick with periods and such and so I felt like there must be something different about me. Once we began trying my husband continued to tell me that he was sure it was all in my head and that I would be able to get pregnant immediately. I began to convince myself of the same thing. We were both wrong. We tried for a year, and we all know how fun filled that can be sometimes. I went to speak with my OBGYN and he told me that I wasn't ovulating. Well duh...is that what a 5 month cycle means :). So, they put me on our best friend, clomid. Each month was the same old thing. Blood test=.04 progesterone level. Nothing. I continued on this road for about 6 months, 6 months full of heartache and tears. Finally I went for another opinion at the fertility clinic. I was diagnosed with PCOS and Endometriosis. That makes some more sense. No wonder I gained about 45 pounds and had facial hair and felt sick all the time. I've been on metformin and femara and provera for a few months now. For the first time in our experience I had a positive ovulation test last Friday. We took videos of it. I go in for that infamous blood test tomorrow, wish me luck. I come from a family of five fertile women who amaze me and have always supported me. I feel blessed to have them. I constantly find myself upset that others can seem to simply wash their jeans with their spouse (or even some guy on the street) and end up with a beautiful baby. I truly believe there is a reason for everything, I just wish it didn't have to be so hurtful to those of us who suffer. There it is. Nothing earth shattering, but it hurts me just the same.

Love,
The infertility goddess

I just want to say, don't give up! I know several people with these same problems, and they have had babies. It can happen, just not always when we want it to. Stay strong, and we all hope the best for you in the coming weeks! Keep us updated on how things are going. I have hope and faith for success for you, and all of us here who want to start our families.

2 comments:

Infertility Goddess said...

Just so that you know...the blood test showed that I in fact did not ovulate. Maybe next month?

kenna said...

YES, next month!