Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ovulation Tests?

I have some questions about the best ways to figure out when you are most fertile. For those who are actively trying, or have had success or failure with some products, what do you think?

What do you think about ovulation tests? Do they work for you? What kind do you use? What about fertility monitors? Have you ever used one? How do they work? What methods have you used for figuring out your most fertile days? If it's not too personal, how often do you do "the baby dance" to optimize your chances?

I have used ovulation tests with some success, and some failure. I also bought this really expensive monitor, but it didn't do the trick, although it may have been thrown off because I was on Clomid at the time (even though it has a setting to account for that). Anyways, I'm just really curious what you have tried and how it's worked!
This is the monitor I bought. You put it on your tongue every morning and it tests your electrolytes or something. Then there is a vaginal sensor too you use during certain days of your cycle and it's supposed to test something there too. I forget, I haven't used it for a long time. Maybe I should start again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I have to say about that is I really don't think they work. I took them when I was trying to get pregnant and they always said that I wasn't ovulating and one of the months that I took these test I actually was ovulating because I got pregnant with Delia. So I don't know I also took my temperature every morning and I think that worked better for me. I love you:)

Infertility Goddess said...

I hate them. They told me I was ovulating when I wasn't. Boo.

The Spanns said...

When we did get pregnant, the ovulation sticks worked. However, I think - like everyone else has said - there are a LOT of variables which can hinder their results. So, I would think it'd only work for part of the population and within that population it may only help part of the time. not good odds, it seems.